Friday, May 31, 2013

CYBR650 Wrap Up

Hard to believe the semester is over...seems like we just started a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, here are my final thoughts about the course and final presentation.

  This was a pretty cool experience taking the Harry & Mae's Inc. case study through the security inspection week-by-week.  At the very beginning, I was looking at things the wrong way.  I was looking for particular vulnerabilities, i.e. CVEs, etc. as opposed to looking at the general security posture of the company.  This in-turn changed my sources for threat data.  I went from the CVE type providers to NIST and DISA references. 

   The most challenging part of the course was trying to come up with good formats for the deliverables.  I had great difficulty coming up with the format I wanted for the threat analysis.  The final presentation was also very challenging when it came time to come up with a format.  There are varying opinions as to how to make PowerPoint presentations.  I have always used bullets on the slides so you don't let the slides take over the presentation, or kill your audience with the amount of data on the slides (death by PowerPoint).

  All-in-all it was a rewarding experience that may even pay off on the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment